NY Times Sunday Magazine Diagramless

A place for discussion about variety puzzles such as acrostics, marching bands, rows and gardens, and diagramless.
BrianMac
Site Admin

NY Times Sunday Magazine Diagramless

Post by BrianMac »

This week's NY Times Magazine variety puzzle is a diagramless. I love these, but they usually take me a couple of days and a few sittings to complete. Also I do them on graph paper (don't know if that's cheating :)).

Anyone else a fan? I'll be saving this one for a road trip later in the week.
Meg

Post by Meg »

BrianMac wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:49 pm This week's NY Times Magazine variety puzzle is a diagramless. I love these, but they usually take me a couple of days and a few sittings to complete. Also I do them on graph paper (don't know if that's cheating :)).

Anyone else a fan? I'll be saving this one for a road trip later in the week.
Brian,
Do they give you the square to start in? Taking that hint was the only way I could do a diagramless. Hard!
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
BrianMac
Site Admin

Post by BrianMac »

I download them from the site, where it gives you an option of telling you the starting square or not. I don't know how it is in the print version. I do them without knowing, but doing it on graph paper makes that easier.
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

I love diagramless but they don’t have them very often anymore. Just finished today’s, which was cute. I always cheat by looking at the starting square since I can’t be bothered with graph paper.