Sixes and Sevens (and Twelves) Harper's October

Enter if you dare!
norrin2

Sixes and Sevens (and Twelves) Harper's October

Post by norrin2 »

I enjoyed this cryptic from Richard Maltby Jr. I managed to finish it in one sitting -- which is somewhat unusual -- although a couple of the clues took a little longer to make complete sense -- like the one that ended up at 3Down, very clever.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

norrin2 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:26 pm I enjoyed this cryptic from Richard Maltby Jr. I managed to finish it in one sitting -- which is somewhat unusual -- although a couple of the clues took a little longer to make complete sense -- like the one that ended up at 3Down, very clever.
Oh, no! I think my Harper's subscription may finally be expired! I haven't gotten this edition yet.
norrin2

Post by norrin2 »

Too bad. It’s a good one.
ChrisKochmanski wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:14 pm
norrin2 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:26 pm I enjoyed this cryptic from Richard Maltby Jr. I managed to finish it in one sitting -- which is somewhat unusual -- although a couple of the clues took a little longer to make complete sense -- like the one that ended up at 3Down, very clever.
Oh, no! I think my Harper's subscription may finally be expired! I haven't gotten this edition yet.
ChrisKochmanski

norrin2 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:49 am Too bad. It’s a good one.
As it happens, a renewal notice came in the mail today. It said my subscription is about to expire -- key word: about -- so maybe I'll still get this month's edition. I'll now renew for two more years. Don't want to miss REMJ's cryptics!
anjhinz

Post by anjhinz »

This was my first ever completion of a Harper's puzzle... I've been working towards this for YEARS. The grid is a complete mess of scratch outs, but who cares!
norrin2

Post by norrin2 »

anjhinz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:41 am This was my first ever completion of a Harper's puzzle... I've been working towards this for YEARS. The grid is a complete mess of scratch outs, but who cares!
Congratulations on completing a tough one!
ChrisKochmanski

ChrisKochmanski wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:07 pm
norrin2 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:49 am Too bad. It’s a good one.
As it happens, a renewal notice came in the mail today. It said my subscription is about to expire -- key word: about -- so maybe I'll still get this month's edition. I'll now renew for two more years. Don't want to miss REMJ's cryptics!
Hey, my renewal of Harper's came through, and today I got TWO editions in the mail, including the October issue with this Sixes and Sevens (and Twelves) puzzle. Just finished. Fun! Now to the November issue.