Signposts WSJ 7/13/2019

Enter if you dare!
Inca

Post by Inca »

As usual, I am the last one in. I usually don't do the cryptic on the weekend but rather when I have some time during the week. Started on it yesterday, but really went at it today and after hours finally managed to fill in the whole thing. What a great feeling. I really enjoy these cryptics.

There is just one word that I cannot parse the clue for: Down b. If anyone is still looking at this board, I'd appreciate input on it.

If any of the posters here are also WSJ members, can you please post on the next variety/cryptic puzzle on the WSJ forum the link to this new site. I miss talking to many of the regulars. (I had a subscription but it lapsed and I am not renewing it now).
LesY

Post by LesY »

Inca wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:13 pm As usual, I am the last one in. I usually don't do the cryptic on the weekend but rather when I have some time during the week. Started on it yesterday, but really went at it today and after hours finally managed to fill in the whole thing. What a great feeling. I really enjoy these cryptics.

There is just one word that I cannot parse the clue for: Down b. If anyone is still looking at this board, I'd appreciate input on it.

If any of the posters here are also WSJ members, can you please post on the next variety/cryptic puzzle on the WSJ forum the link to this new site. I miss talking to many of the regulars. (I had a subscription but it lapsed and I am not renewing it now).
Down b took me a long time to figure out. Definition is Japanese car. Driver in film backed up = MADA instead of Adam. Then put that "around" Z. The way to get to Z is by parsing "mid-sized." Since Z is in the middle of "sized." I thought that was a devilishly hard one!
Inca

Post by Inca »

LesY wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:28 pm
Inca wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:13 pm As usual, I am the last one in. I usually don't do the cryptic on the weekend but rather when I have some time during the week. Started on it yesterday, but really went at it today and after hours finally managed to fill in the whole thing. What a great feeling. I really enjoy these cryptics.

Down b took me a long time to figure out. Definition is Japanese car. Driver in film backed up = MADA instead of Adam. Then put that "around" Z. The way to get to Z is by parsing "mid-sized." Since Z is in the middle of "sized." I thought that was a devilishly hard one!
Thank you. Never heard of Adam Driver (no tv and rarely see a movie). Also took mid-sized as part of the Mazda description.