Washington Post 12/27: 5x5

Puzzles from one of the best in the business which include themed crosswords and metas.
Sunday Crossword by Evan Birnholz
Washington Post Sunday puzzle reveals.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

This was a work of art. Loved it and impressed that I didn't figure out one of the main things that was going on until the very end.

Mike
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 89. That's Not Right!
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

I did not get past the first step. BUT it was still a challenge and fun to follow along on the solution. I read the blog in sections using it as a series of spoilers.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
bhamren

Post by bhamren »

Just finished the puzzle and the meta a few minutes ago. I have been doing the puzzle in my spare time after all the raves about it. I have to agree it was one of my favorite of the year. I also had to load the pdf clues into a text program to search for a few of the words in the clues since I couldn't find a few. I backed into index - after searching for pointer. Then on the final meta I found the last three letters since I remembered clues that worked and backed into the first 2 letters since it had been a while since I saw those cluse. Very nice!
burak

Post by burak »

Just did this. Well actually did the grid last night and then completed 60% of the 5x5 and said "OK time to go to bed". Picked it up again tonight and wow, I'm impressed by how everything came together so beautifully -despite my 22-hour break in between-. Amazing meta. Definitely deserves a nomination for an Orca.