Puzzle Boat 7, by Foggy Brume

Discuss meta crosswords from sources other than those listed above.
Anita

Puzzle Boat 7, by Foggy Brume

Post by Anita »

I understand from Justin Weinbaum, my friend and a test solver, that this year's Puzzle Boat, by Foggy Brume, is exceptional. Justin says:

"The work Foggy put into the Puzzle Boat this year is incredible, and the result is amazing. He is breaking new ground, in case any of my puzzle-experienced followers are curious. For those of you unfamiliar with this sort of thing, a Puzzle Boat is a set of over 140 puzzles of many different types. Some are your traditional crosswords and word searches while others are... undefinable but completely original. Each puzzle has a final answer that is a single word or phrase, and each of those answers then contributes to a "metapuzzle" with its OWN answer. I would strongly recommend purchasing a "berth" with a good group of friends (8-10?), splitting the cost, and enjoying a HUGE supply of puzzles to enjoy over the course of the year. It beats the magazines you'll get at the grocery store or puzzles in your newspaper. You won't regret it."

Steve and I have solved all of the prior Puzzle Boats (as a team of two - we don't like to split up the task or race the clock, preferring instead to take our time and solve every puzzle ourselves!), and are very much looking forward to climbing aboard our "ship", HMS Bilgewater, for this year's voyage. Puzzle Boats are excellent and multi-layered, with a mind-boggling quantity and variety of puzzle types. Everything gets tied up in a neat and usually punny bow at the end. Foggy Brume might be the most prolific puzzle constructor ever, to be able to come up with these huge extravaganzas on top of his bimonthly puzzle mag (P&A Puzzle Magazine, also highly recommended!). I purely don't know how he does it.

http://pandamagazine.com/island7/?fbcli ... xqxjfxNt8I
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Has anyone ever done Puzzle Boat? Any opinions?
mokelfish

Post by mokelfish »

You can sign up on the website above and get a free sample issue of Panda magazine, as well as a couple other freebies, if you want to check out Foggy's style.
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

I've never heard of this magazine before...is it a for-real thing that the most recent issue is called "The Last Issue"?
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

I bought it! Setting up my crew now.