Free Rows Garden -- with meta! -- at Bewilderingly

Discuss meta crosswords from sources other than those listed above.
ChrisKochmanski

Free Rows Garden -- with meta! -- at Bewilderingly

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Run, don't walk, to Will Nediger's Bewilderingly blog (http://blog.bewilderinglypuzzles.com/). Every Monday Will posts a freebie. This week it's a fun and challenging Rows Garden -- with a meta!

You're asked for a minor literary character, who I myself don't view as minor, as this character comes from my single favorite piece of literature. So it was a triple delight for me: a Rows Garden, which I love; a meta, which I love; and a reference to (BLANK), which I love.

Puzzling heaven!

In an email to Will, I promised I'll eventually subscribe to his service, for what he promises are his true rock-the-house puzzles. But right now I'm doing sooooooooo many puzzles. I may need to drop something else to pick up on Will's best work.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

ChrisKochmanski wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:16 pm Run, don't walk, to Will Nediger's Bewilderingly blog (http://blog.bewilderinglypuzzles.com/). Every Monday Will posts a freebie. This week it's a fun and challenging Rows Garden -- with a meta!

You're asked for a minor literary character, who I myself don't view as minor, as this character comes from my single favorite piece of literature. So it was a triple delight for me: a Rows Garden, which I love; a meta, which I love; and a reference to (BLANK), which I love.

Puzzling heaven!

In an email to Will, I promised I'll eventually subscribe to his service, for what he promises are his true rock-the-house puzzles. But right now I'm doing sooooooooo many puzzles. I may need to drop something else to pick up on Will's best work.
Thanks Chris! I have a backlog of puzzles, and the MMMM comes out tomorrow, so I'll get to this sooner or later. I love a good Rows Garden!
Heidi
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

I don't have a lot of Rows Garden experience, but I'm a sucker for a meta. Done and done!
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

Enjoyable... I wouldn't mind seeing more of these.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Al Sisti wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:09 am Enjoyable... I wouldn't mind seeing more of these.
I'm guessing you're aware, Al, but just in case not ... Andrew R. offers over 100 free Rows Garden puzzles here: https://www.ariespuzzles.com/p/archive.html

I've done the first three, from some nine or ten years ago. Challenging! I know that on at least one, I ended up doing a fair amount of googling.
Beth Tyrpin

Post by Beth Tyrpin »

The second halves of F and G caused me some trouble, but all wrapped up now. Thanks for sharing the link.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Wow. I've never done a Rows Garden before, and I'm not entirely sure I should have... I appreciate the pointer though, maybe I'll be up for the challenge in a few years. (I still haven't figured out the meta!)
LesY

Post by LesY »

The meta was cool, and I just got it - definitely need to read this book.

The problem is, I’m finally out of metas to solve!! Lol
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

LesY wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:50 pm The meta was cool, and I just got it - definitely need to read this book.

The problem is, I’m finally out of metas to solve!! Lol
Now you've got to write one...
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Finally got to this one. Fun! I just started doing Rows Gardens and I really find them to be a brain workout.
Heidi
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Beth Tyrpin wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:24 pm The second halves of F and G caused me some trouble, but all wrapped up now. Thanks for sharing the link.
My daughter helped me with the second half of G. Helps having a millennial around!
Heidi