Patrick Berry's "Sweet 16"

Discuss meta crosswords from sources other than those listed above.
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

I've 14/16 and struggling with the last 2, haven't yet started the meta piece.

Concur - this was a LOT of work to put together. Some of the mechanisms (forgot which one, but the one where you put two letters in each box to spell words in each of down and across directions - very clever. Took a fair amount of work to get it to work.

My copy of #15 is quite a mess. I need a new printout to work on.

My #16 - I have 14 words and word pairs/substitutes, but need 8 words???? I'm struggling to figure that out - but not asking for any nudges.
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
LesY

Post by LesY »

MajordomoTom wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:22 pm I've 14/16 and struggling with the last 2, haven't yet started the meta piece.

Concur - this was a LOT of work to put together. Some of the mechanisms (forgot which one, but the one where you put two letters in each box to spell words in each of down and across directions - very clever. Took a fair amount of work to get it to work.

My copy of #15 is quite a mess. I need a new printout to work on.

My #16 - I have 14 words and word pairs/substitutes, but need 8 words???? I'm struggling to figure that out - but not asking for any nudges.
15 and 16 were ingenious. Let me know if you end up wanting any nudges.
joequavis

Post by joequavis »

Finally finished! Each little puzzle was satisfying in its own right, then an added bonus to get the key word for each puzzle, and then the Process of Elimination...so much fun. Thanks Patrick! I'd definitely spend money on something like this again!