Meta Winner Notification

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
Inca

Meta Winner Notification

Post by Inca »

Question for those who have won the meta: What time did you get an email informing you that you won?
I do not have a smart phone so the cockeyed optimist in me wants to know when I can stop checking my emails :D :D :D
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Since I saved my winning email notification for posterity, I can tell you that it came at 10:44AM. That's been a while though. Hopefully some of the more recent winners will answer too.

I would not be surprised if it varies depending on how much news is going on in the world on that particular day.
BrianMac
Site Admin

Post by BrianMac »

Mine came at 10:49 a.m.

Mike seems to wait a bit to give the winner a chance to respond to the email before he posts the results. I didn't check my email that day until around 3 p.m., but Mike posted the contest results with a note that the winner was TBA. So he doesn't wait forever. :)
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

Mine came at roughly Never O'Clock, EST.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

Al Sisti wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:44 pm Mine came at roughly Never O'Clock, EST.
Mine has never come either. I think there must be a typo in my contact information.
TMart

Post by TMart »

Mine came at 10:43 AM from an account called crosswordcontest@wsj.com (in case you want to add it to a safe sender list). Confused the heck out of me because it had the answer (TERI GARR) in the subject line, so I thought it was my entry kicking back. I never thought in a million years I'd actually get a mug.
juliet

Post by juliet »

Mine came at 6:46 am, but I am on the west coast so I imagined it being sent at 9:46 am on the east coast. Every Monday morning, when I check my email, I wonder if it will happen again.
FrankH

Post by FrankH »

SewYoung wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:38 am
Al Sisti wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:44 pm Mine came at roughly Never O'Clock, EST.
Mine has never come either. I think there must be a typo in my contact information.
Mine also never came. My entries must have gone into WSJ's spam folder.