Like Button Added!

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
BrianMac
Site Admin

Like Button Added!

Post by BrianMac »

Hopefully, you are now seeing a little "thumbs up" icon next to the Report and Quote buttons of any user's post:

icons.png

You must be logged into see it and use it and you cannot "like" your own posts.

Play around with it and let me know if you have any issues or difficulties.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

This is wonderful! Thank you!
Meg

Post by Meg »

BrianMac wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:05 am Hopefully, you are now seeing a little "thumbs up" icon next to the Report and Quote buttons of any user's post:

icons.png

Brian, isn’t it a bit odd to see names of the people who liked a post listed at the bottom? I kind of liked the ability to like anonymously.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Meg wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:31 pm
BrianMac wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:05 am Hopefully, you are now seeing a little "thumbs up" icon next to the Report and Quote buttons of any user's post:

icons.png

Brian, isn’t it a bit odd to see names of the people who liked a post listed at the bottom? I kind of liked the ability to like anonymously.
Meg - on the WSJ page (as it used to be), I would receive an email when someone "liked" my postings and it had their name on it so this is not much different
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I missed seeing who liked my posts on the WSJ board and was hoping they'd "fix" that some day.

And it felt less useful to like someone else's post, knowing that they would never know that it was me.
BrianMac
Site Admin

Post by BrianMac »

BarbaraK wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:41 pm I missed seeing who liked my posts on the WSJ board and was hoping they'd "fix" that some day.

And it felt less useful to like someone else's post, knowing that they would never know that it was me.
I think most people probably feel this way. I always found it strange that the WSJ Blog wouldn't show you who liked your post. Most "like" buttons show a list of names or allow you to hover your cursor over an icon to see the list.

Anyway, I don't think it's a feature I can change.