My All-consuming Project

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
SewYoung

My All-consuming Project

Post by SewYoung »

Brian: If you feel that this blatant commercial advertisement is inappropriate, please delete it.....

I have mentioned that an all consuming project has kept me from commenting very much recently. It occurs to me that there may be some of you who live close enough to participate in it so here is information about it:

I am delighted to inform you of the opportunity to see and hear the Raleigh Ringers in person in Meridian, MS. If you have seen them online, seen their PBS television special or seen them in person, you know what a great concert it will be. If you are not familiar with them, I suggest that you look them up on their website - rr.org - and get to know them. There are also videos of them on Youtube, but watching them online does not do them justice.
I invite you to come to the concert as individuals or as a group. They put on a fantastic show. It is more that you though handbells could be or do. The Raleigh Ringers are the premier handbell group in the United States. To call them a “handbell choir” does not begin to describe them. They are a handbell orchestra.
The concert will be June 8, 2019 at the MSU Riley Center in Meridian. The tickets are $20 each or $15 for students. I am attaching an order form so that you may purchase tickets in advance, or you may purchase tickets at the door. The seating will be general admission. Please share this information with anyone you think may be interested. Further information can be obtained by emailing me at rrmeridianconcert@gmail.com or calling 601-604-7354.
I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing you at the concert.
Lisa Young
601-604-7354
sewyoung@gmail.com
BrianMac
Site Admin

Post by BrianMac »

SewYoung, that's what this section is for...anything goes!

Sounds like it will be an amazing performance. Are you a member of the group? Good luck!
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

No I am not a member. They are from Raleigh NC where I lived for a short time, although I knew of them before moving there.
I approached the director of the Riley Center (where I do volunteer work) in the hopes that the Riley Center would present the concert. He was not interested and declined the opportunity but was willing to rent me the facility to present them myself. For some reason, I feel compelled to make it happen; therefore I am personally producing, promoting, presenting and financing this concert myself.

They say “If you want something done right; you have to do it yourself.” Sometimes, if you want something done at all; you have to do it yourself. Because few people here know about them, promotion and publicity is my greatest concern. If I can get the audience there, I know that they will be amazed and delighted.

Back in the very early days of the WSJ crossword comments section, there was a poster who called him or herself "Bellringer" and I always wondered if he/she was one of them.

I would love to have some of my Muggle friends come so that I can meet them.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I just watched some of their YouTube videos, and wow! Hope you get a great turnout.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

As with most performances, YouTube doesn't hold a candle to seeing them in person. Seeing them live is a very exciting experience. I hope for a big crowd. If I sell out the venue, I will do a little better than break even. If there is any money left over after paying all expenses, I plan to donate to a local ministry. I really would like to at least recoup the money that it is costing to present this concert.
KayW

Post by KayW »

Thank you for posting. I had not heard of them before, but I just watched a few videos - truly remarkable! So sorry I'm not within attendance range but hope it's a sellout.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

KayW wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:55 am Thank you for posting. I had not heard of them before, but I just watched a few videos - truly remarkable! So sorry I'm not within attendance range but hope it's a sellout.
Thanks Kay. If you have any friends, acquaintances, or contacts in East Mississippi or West Alabama, please tell them about the concert. The RR website has contact information for tickets.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

The wonderful Raleigh Ringers concert was last Saturday night in Meridian. There was a decent crowd (somewhere between 300 and 350), but not as many as I had hoped. I really wanted to introduce this fabulous group to more people. The ones who were there were blown away. Have spent two days recovering. If you ever hear of them coming to a town near you; I urge you to go. If you do, tell them I said "Hello!"
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

SewYoung wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:46 pm The wonderful Raleigh Ringers concert was last Saturday night in Meridian. There was a decent crowd (somewhere between 300 and 350), but not as many as I had hoped. I really wanted to introduce this fabulous group to more people. The ones who were there were blown away. Have spent two days recovering. If you ever hear of them coming to a town near you; I urge you to go. If you do, tell them I said "Hello!"
Thanks for the update! I'm glad you got a decent crowd and that everyone loved it.